Monday, October 08, 2007

Rain, in the train

I was extremely embarrassed that I wet my bosom with beads of tears this afternoon, on the train to school.
With my earplugs of my mp3 stuck in my ears, I was listening to a pretty upbeat song. So actually it should be quite weird to weep with such a song.
However, it was apparently what I did.

I received a message on my mobile.
It was from my brother who was in camp.
He told me that the whole platoon was punished because of some sabo king.
Even though he had a hard time in there, he didn't fail to ask me to take good care of myself and not tire myself out.
It was then I felt a strong surge of emotions in me, and puddles just formed in my eyes.
In a split second, my eyes just could not contain my tears and they just ooze out like the rain drops outside the train.
Immediately, I lowered my head and squeezed my eyes tight to avoid the other passengers' shocked looks, and that was when I saw blotchy spots on my bosom and my v-neck tee.
It was then that I realised I felt more secure and alive with my brother around, whether outside or in the house.
He understands me, stands up for me and protects me, he's my best friend.

I wiped away my tears soon enough but the emotions in me sure lingered for quite awhile.
I will be alright after a good cry.
I have Jesus with me.
Art, remember, you have Jesus with you too.

Father God, You're my Redeemer and Friend. And You're forever with me, pour down Your comfort upon me, Lord. I need You.

No comments: