Thursday, October 18, 2007

behind every comedy is a tragedy

I went for my favourite movie-alone outing yet again.
This time it was at The Picturehouse.
There were less than ten people in The Picturehouse, and most of them were the whites.
Yet, I felt strangely warm and comfortable in there.
I reckon it's the khaki-coloured seats and soft yellow lightings that made the whole cinema so homely yet elegant.
Oh, and you know something? Before the movie starts, they played jazz and it was really soothing to the soul.

The movie I caught was a french film: "Molière".
Jean-Baptiste Poquelin also known as Molière, I've learnt about him when I took up Acting and Directing. Well, it was his name I heard of but not really his story.
Today, it seems that I added depth to my knowledge of Molière.
The french film showed the life of the famous french comedian cum dramatist, the obstacles he deal with, the love he gave and the sacrifice he made.
At the same time, I saw the passion he had for theatre and the woman he loved so dearly.
It's so hard to put down in words everything I watched in The Picturehouse, but I have to say that the life of Molière is one that I would like to experience.
The ups and downs of life and the emotions that we go through are the things that make life valuable.
I believe behind every comedy, comes with a tragedy or something that touch the human hearts so deeply that one will be able to remember it for life.
There was a scene where Molière's lover was dying, at her deathbed she requested Molière to make her laugh.
Molière's reply was, " How do you expect me to make laughter out of a situation that expects me to weep?"
And do you know what his lover said?
"If that's the case, invent it."
I was so touched by the whole film that tears just rolled down my cheeks without me knowing.
And the main lead, Romain Duris, is so HANDSOME!!!
I strongly recommend this movie to everyone, it's totally lovely.

Acting is the profession of sensitivity, not appearance.

No comments: