Friday, October 04, 2013

Work and Socialize

I'm starting to get kinda bored and worried at the same time.

Bored, because although I have made quite a number of friends here, but still, I don't like to go out and socialize all day. 
Worried, because I wanna work and earn my own keep. I feel sort of 'crippled' without working.

So, I've arranged a job interview. It's for a teaching position in this girls boarding school.
Well, teaching Chinese and English. Hopefully, I don't have to work long hours, I just wanna work for a few hours and be a lady of leisure for the rest of the day. 
That's the ideal for me. But then again, being a teacher is a 24/7 job, isn't it? 
Well, at least in Singapore, that's the case. I'm not sure about Bangkok though. 
Hopefully, it's different from Singapore.

I am still actively socializing with the people here. I cannot help but stressed again that 'networking' is extremely important here.

I've arranged a dinner at Maverick for my Expats' Wives Club. Some editors and events director of the Expat Ladies Magazine are coming over to join us. So, I'm gonna maximize my skills as a social butterfly again. Up-ing my social value, it's the socialite way.

Starting a Facebook page for my Expats' Wives Club as well. Engaging the help of Pallavi, one of my club members. She's very kind to offer to help us. ;)

Tomorrow will be a day of laundry and ironing of clothes. Oh yes, and coffee with Pallavi.
Can't wait~

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Just to happened to go into my Wordpress to delete my blog, and I came across your's again. Think you're the only active blogger in my list now haha.

I just wanna say, though you're hundreds of miles away, I still miss and love you bestie.

It's great that you're trying to do so much with the time you have on your hands. Please publish my favorite reads (you know what I mean).

Looking forward to seeing you in December or early next year when I extend my company trip up to BKK.

Much love,
M