Friday, April 24, 2009

Unexpected

I had my last observation this morning.
My CT and Boss Number 2 came in to observe.
I thought I was fully prepared, seems like I was wrong.
I overlooked a lot of details.
To add on to the situation, Boss Number 2 is a person who looks into details.
I thought I did very well during lesson, however, after the observation, I got news from my CT that Boss Number 2 wasn't too happy with my lesson.
I was not detailed enough, felt so demoralised.
My CT told me all these flaws in my lesson, I felt like a really lousy teacher.
But she ended encouraging me, saying that no one is born a teacher, we all learn through experiences.
I was truly touched.
People always thought that I am strong enough to bear all criticism and that I am full of confidence, no doubt that I am confident but at times when I hold high expectations yet did not hit them, I will crumble within.
The encouragement from my CT was a crutch to the crippled, it helped me recover from the "lousy teacher" thoughts and accept the fact that I do need to learn and figure out a way of teaching that really helps my students.
Like I always say, it's lives we dealing, it's futures we're moulding.

No comments: