Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Many have commented that I should count my blessings for the fact that I do have a stable job and income in times like this.
I do not deny the fact that yes, I do have a stable job.
But it will not turn into my career.
Not that I do not like teaching, but how do you expect me to be willing in a system that I do not agree with?
I love my students(yes, including the rebels).
I love teaching and talking to them, listening to their conversations full of antics.
I dislike the system.
I disagree with the rules.
I hate doing detailed lesson plans.
I disagree with the system of 'no sound means good class'.
Why can't we give our students more space? More freedom of speech?
Even though at times when the things that they speak may sound like rubbish to us, teachers, yet in that 'rubbish' we may see their thoughts and character.(if we ever bother to rummage and look into it)
I know I wouldn't stay in this profession for long, but I will do my best as long as I am in it, 'cos it's lives that we're moulding.

No comments: