Sunday, July 22, 2007

compassion

This morning I went to church.
It was great!
I mean, I love the message spoken by Suhon.
Furthermore, he put it in a manner that's really close to the heart.
I had quite some updates from my oikos members, many updates are news to me.
But I'm glad they actually make the effort to update me.
Also, I had lunch with them at Budget Terminal's Hans.

Yesterday, after filming, I went out with Nic and my brother.
We went to Plaza Singapura for a walk.
When we reached the third storey, we looked down and saw a teenage girl wriggling on the travelator. Immediately, we recognised that was an epileptic fit attack.
We rushed down immediately to help the girl, I was most worried that someone will shove something into her mouth to stop her from biting her tongue.
Well, basically, if a person is having a fit attack and you shove something into her/his mouth, that person will choke.
When I got down, the first thing I did was to ask the people not to crowd around the patient so as to let her breathe. I turned her on her side and put her head down properly on her bag.
An Indian passerby ask me, " Are you her friend?"
I replied, " No, but I'm an epileptic child."
The patient was frothing and jerking, I took a tissue and wiped away the froth.
For a moment, I was gripped with fear.
But then, I told myself: if I'm afraid, how will I be able to help her?
Then, I contacted her parents and told them about the situation and the location.
After I hanged up the mobile, I turned to a security guard and ask for a chair to let the patient rest.
I saw the girl embarrassed by the whole situation, so I told her, " I'm an epileptic child too. And I understand it's very tiring after a fit attack, don't worry, just rest well."
I told the managers firmly that they have to let the girl wait for her parents to pick her up.
I was so happy that I helped someone having the same problem as me.

Happy happy happy! YAY!!! =)

No comments: