Monday, April 04, 2011

Restful Increase

Whenever I am stressed or tired and i feel like throwing in the towel, I'll listen to this song and read the lyrics to myself. I realised, I do need to just give Him everything. My stress, lethargy, worries and everything else and He will give me rest and peace. And I worship Him and receive His Shalom.

No longer striving, no longer stressed
In You, my Jesus, I’ve found my rest
No longer toiling, hard labour ceased
For You’ve assured me
Restful increase

Your open arms held nothing back
Your life for mine
You overpaid my debt
Free in Your love
I have found my rest
Your heart’s delight
Is to see me blessed

You’ve given me peace all around
Now I’m enjoying
This grace I’ve found
Health in my body, joy in my soul
Jesus, my future is filled with hope

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Dee,

My name is Anders and I found your blog today.

I would like to add a comment to your post only in purpose to be helpful.

You write: “No longer striving, no longer stressed In You, my Jesus, I’ve found my rest”

[To differentiate,] Did you know that the historical person was named Y’hoshua.

In order to learn more about who the historical Mashiakh – Messiah – was, we can study the prophecies of the Hebrew Bible?:

Yeshayahu – ‘Isaiah’ – 7- 9:
It’s essential to understand that this passage was originally interpreted in its historical setting. That understanding remained unchanged for nearly a millennium and Scripture informs us that the Creator doesn’t change. The original meaning is the only true understanding.

The prophet Yeshayahu wrote this passage ca. BCE 720 relative to the king Akhâz (7.1). The child Y’shayahu names in 9.5 prophesies a wonderful and righteous son of the disappointing and evil Akhaz: the king Khizqiyâh (see MelâkhimBeit [“2 Book of Kings]18.3-8; 20.2ff; Divrei ha-Yâmim Beit [2:nd chronicles] 31.1-4). Nor was Y’shayahu the only Nâvi -prophet – prophesying about the blasphemous rule of Âkhâz and the cleansing of Israel by his son, the king Khizqiyâh. the prophet Hosheia (see 1.1ff) and the prophet Mikhah (see 1.1ff) were proclaiming parallel prophecies.“

If you read the prophecy in Y’shayahu 7-9 in Hebrew and related verses of the Hebrew Bible you will see that king Khizkiah was a partial fulfilment of that prophecy and he was a human, and not divine, nor a ‘Saviour’. Thus, neither the Messiah would be divine, nor a ‘Saviour’. The historical Messiah called Rabbi Y’hoshua taught his followers to pray to the Creator, not to pray to Jesus. One is forbidden to pray to any human according to Torah; and one is forbidden to pray to or worship Jesus. [More info. About Rabbi Y’hoshua

Learn from what Rabbi Y’hoshua taught:“Request first the Realm and His tzedaqah and all these things shall be given to you. So don’t worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow will be worrisome enough on its own. One day’s evil is enough.” [Netzarim Reconstruction of Hebrew Matityahu 6:33-34. [Tzedaqah = righteousness as definied by Torah]. Tzedaqah includes the prohibition that I outlined above.

I wish you all the best!
Anders Branderud